Tuesday 26 February 2013

February's challenge at Artastic Challenge Blog is focused on the following:

February inspiration comes to you from famous Australian artist ... 

Charles Meere (1890-1961) with his painting Australian Beach Pattern (1940)

Criteria - Free choice, make of this as you will
 
As their new designer I am proud to offer my interpretation of the challenge. What really appealed to me were the colours in the painting; mostly muted browns and blues with hints of bright. I found one of my favourite photos of Alana and Rylie back on a family holiday to the Coromandel, it had those muted colours with a touch of pink.
This is my layout:
 
 
I have used some gorgeous but older Crate Paper for the base and the background. Some paper lace from K&Company, stencil, twine and letters from Prima.
 
Please head to Artastic Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Creative Team and the challengers have submitted. Quite a variety of styles and layouts.

1 comment:

  1. Such a peaceful photo. Love the bricks on your background paper and cute embellies! :)

    ReplyDelete