Saturday 16 August 2014

August 2014

Man has it been a varied winter we have had this year. It has seemed dry and mild but then we have had some very intense colds and rains! Great weather for scrapbooking!!!

ARTastic has kept me busy with a couple projects over the last couple of months, one I enjoyed and one not so much. But I guess that is what the business is about, sometimes it is easy to be inspired and at times it is hard to dig deep and create something that you can look at and say "Yep I made that and I love it" So here are my latest layouts, one from the July challenge (too late to enter now) and the current challenge which runs till the end of the month.


This layout was completed for a joint challenge with CSI. I totally miss-read the criteria and felt a bit lost with what was needed for the challenge. I think this is why I didn't like the end result. But I think I can re-visit this layout and add something to it that will make me feel like it is finished. Later.....

The August challenge is inspired by a piece of art by Kristen Doran called 'Gypsy Caravan.
The criteria was to use fabric, interesting!
So I found some fabric and looked at it, and looked at it, and looked at it....
I love flowers so my mind ended up wondering about making my own with the fabric. Onto Pinterest and I found some gorgeous ones that I had pinned a while back that I have been wanting to try for a while. Check these out at Fabric flowers on Pinterest


I love this page, the colours, the flowers and the banner. I thought about adding more, some gesso, more stamping, more bling, but decided against it as I didn't want to take away from what was already on the page.
Thanks for calling in to see my layouts, please head to ARTastic Challenge Blog for more details on the challenge and how to enter.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work Lesley. Really love your August DT project, the colours are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts. Love the colours and pops of Orange in the second layout
    Mary

    ReplyDelete